Monday, April 22, 2013

So at Keller Williams we believe in what is called a seventh level open house. The long and short of a seventh level is we get a complete interaction of our sphere of influence by using social media outlets, signage, canvassing neighborhoods and word of mouth from those within our influence.

My last open house fell a bit short on that goal to have a well marketed and received showing of a property. I could use excuses about how it was not my listing or my time frame but really I could have accomplished this goal in any time frame had I been prepared to do an open house. I did not have any systems in place to easily handle the short notice and I could have gone into the property prior to the open house. I didn't so I did not have the results I desired like having people waiting to open the house on Sunday.

I have learned much from this and now I have systems in place to capitalize when I have the opportunity to open a house for a client or another agent. I have my marketing materials ready to go, which include door hangers as to not intrude into the neighbors day but still inform them about what is going on. I also have a template for the information to give perspective buyers and those folks that may not be in the market but just like to view homes in the area.

I hope that soon I will be able to take what I have learned and use it with far better success.

No comments:

Post a Comment