Tuesday, April 23, 2013

So I have recently read an article about the term "Master Bedroom" disappearing from the real estate landscape. While I don't believe this trend has reached Ann Arbor or Metro Detroit, and I will be honest that I haven't really looked, I am curious as to how this will effect real estate agents.

There are some agents that are having trouble with the speed that is required in today's market. Will this just be another area that perspective clients see their agent as disconnected from the world. I understand why some speculate the shift away is due to gender and other negative connotations of the word "Master" but is it really necessary to change this?

I think I will leave that up to others more politically astute then myself. I however would like to start talking to my clients about something that is slightly more appealing to the ear and the imagination then Master anything. For instance Deluxe Suite, Owner's Suite or Tranquility Center, not sure on that last one, but we use turns of phrase all of the time in marketing. Why not be ahead of the curve in a fast paced real estate market?

No comments:

Post a Comment