Sunday, May 26, 2013

Memorial Day...

I am a Mission First Realtor, I took my tag line from the ideas I learned while in service of the United States. It is the first line of the soldiers creed, and I thought that it was fitting way to describe my business style; I now find myself having to describe my mission statement more and more now. I am proud of my service I left honorably and have attempted to achieve even greater success in the private sector. However, I know that tomorrow as I work or meet people they are going to thank me for my service.

While I am happy to know that my brothers, sisters and I are appreciated I have to wonder if people know what the real purpose of Memorial Day is! I assume many people know that it is a day of remembrance and reflection for those that have fought and died in service to their nation. I hope that those people whom are thanking veterans tomorrow for their service are doing so because while they remember the heavy debt bore by many individuals and their family, they are overcome with a feeling of gratitude and happiness that the veteran being thanked made it home safely.

Gratitude is what my Memorial Day will be about! I am grateful to all of those that have paid the ultimate price for our freedom. If you pray please say one for all of my fallen brothers and sisters.

No comments:

Post a Comment